As part of the International Space Station National Laboratory’s support of the Space Station Technology Challenge we are offering Training Grants to a limited number of eligible educators. The SSTC Educator Training Grants provide formal or in-formal educators with a 2-hour professional development workshop, registration fees for up to 6 teams, a $200 training stipend, and support throughout the SSTC program to help engage their students in the course materials and to complete their submissions to the pitch competition.
By participating in this training, educators gain unique skills and materials to help engage students in space station research and technologies. Selected educators will be part of a unique group of teachers especially skilled at helping students understand the science and technology behind orbiting space stations.
The Training Program
Virtual Training Workshop (Week of January 29)
- A preparatory deep-dive into the types of science and technology behind the International Space station.
- A guided review of the SSTC course materials
- A discussion of tips and tools to help students complete their Space Station Technology submissions to the pitch competition
- A review of links and resource materials to support students developing their SSTC submissions
- A detailed examination of Space Station Technology content connections and curriculum standards
- A review of how to connect the SSTC with formal course curriculum
Virtual Educator Check-in (Week of March 4)
- A check in on team progress and troubleshooting support for team engagement in the SSTC Course and Pitch Competition submissions.
Registration for up to 6 teams (of up to 5 students each) in the SSTC.
A $200 training stipend upon successful completion of the program.
- Must be an educator teaching high school aged students in the United States.
- Must commit to engaging at least two teams (10 students) of students in the SSTC Spring 2024 Cohort.
- Must be a United States citizen, resident, or green card holder.
- Must be part of either a formal school or an in-formal educational organization (no independent/family educators who are not a part of an educational organization).
Spring 2024 Cohort Application
To apply complete the application form below in its entirety NO LATER THAN January 14, 2024.